2010 Accord Fuel Line Diagram

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anybody know the size of all the fuel line that runs under the car (supply, return, vapor). The lines are pretty rusted out so I cannot tell the size.

Also, I believe the brake lines are 3/16. Is that correct?

Thanks

Joined

·

14 Posts

Yes, Brake lines are 3/16. Fuel lines I believe are 5/16. If you decide to go the route for replacing all the fuel and brake lines, unless you are game for the DIY bend/flare your own, I recommend the prebent Honda lines. I ran into a whole mess with my '00 with specialty flares and JDM fittings. You pay more for the lines, but you make up for it in less struggle and modification.

DonutLimo

Joined

·

807 Posts

I did an OEM brake and fuel line repair on my Gram's accord and without getting the car lifted a few feet, you're going to have to bend them anyway. My subsequent repairs on my '99 and a friends Acura was to DIY with nicopp brake line. A 25' roll per car was enough for the rears. You do need a flaring tool capable of double or inverted flaring the ends . For aftermarket fuel lines, these folks make kits that include shorter sections for an easier instal.

Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I did an OEM brake and fuel line repair on my Gram's accord and without getting the car lifted a few feet you're going to have to bend them anyway. My subsequent repairs on my '99 and a friends Acura was the DIY nicopp brake lines. A 25' roll was enough for the rears. You do need a different "bubble" flaring tool for the ends since for whatever reason Honda uses that kind of fittings. For aftermarket fuel lines, these folks make kits (~$100) that include shorter sections for an easier instal.

Thanks for the reply. When you say there are different flarings for the ends of the brake line do you mean that the connection in the engine bay and the connection at the wheels are not all double flares? Are some of them bubble flares? I have heard questionable things about the harbor freight flaring tool, what tool did you end up using?

As for the fuel lines I am first going to try cooking something up with nylon fuel line to just repair the rusted out parts, just since I'm assuming that with the lower pressure of the fuel lines there is a better chance of a splice not failing (opposed to brake lines).

greg1c

Joined

·

4,982 Posts

I bought a bubble flaring tool and it worked.

It was on Amazon, Neiko 20657A ISO/bubble flaring kit it is $21.99. They have a Double flare tool for the same price.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greg1c

Joined

·

4,982 Posts

There is a company that sells the lines you need, at a price, $197.95.

According to this site it is 5/16 or really 8mm.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

DonutLimo

Joined

·

807 Posts

Thanks for the reply. When you say there are different flarings for the ends of the brake line do you mean that the connection in the engine bay and the connection at the wheels are not all double flares? Are some of them bubble flares? I have heard questionable things about the harbor freight flaring tool, what tool did you end up using?

You're right it wasn't bubble flares I made, they were all double or inverted. I'll fix my first post. My neighbor had the tool so I got lucky and borrowed it. Pretty sure it was a snap on or similar. The lines in the engine bay held up OK so I just ran new rears on the two cars I decided to fab my own lines on from the proportioning valve under the master to each rear caliper.

The prices on those lines-to-go just about doubled over the past couple years!

Discussion Starter · #8 ·

You're right it wasn't bubble flares I made, they were all double or inverted. I'll fix my first post. My neighbor had the tool so I got lucky and borrowed it. Pretty sure it was a snap on or similar. The lines in the engine bay held up OK so I just ran new rears on the two cars I decided to fab my own lines on from the proportioning valve under the master to each rear caliper.

The prices on those lines-to-go just about doubled over the past couple years!

Awesome, thanks for the info on the flares. I was hoping to see some brake line in good condition on some part of the bottom of the car to I could just flare union them the new and existing line, but it looks like there isn't much good line left so I will probably have to bend the whole line.

As for the fuel line, I'd probably buy it if it was closer to $100 but with the current price I would rather try getting creative with nylon line and quick connects.

Posted by: gavingavinstoutte0274233.blogspot.com

Source: https://www.driveaccord.net/threads/fuel-line-size-99-accord.558362/

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post